Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ODE Assignment "Questions to consider"

1. How will this be useful (challenging high end learners)?

Reading about how to challenge TAG students was very interesting. I've wondered about this a fair amount recently because we do have at least one TAG student in my practicum class. I liked the idea of focusing more on higher-level learning skills in relation to Bloom's taxonomy. Analyzing the same content more critically. I also liked the idea of being familiar with content standards 1-3 grades ahead of the level I'm going to be teaching at. This will help me to scaffold TAG students learning and set them up for success in their future classes in addition to passing them in my class. I believe all children need to be challenged at school.

2. How will this resource help me identify state standards I must address (Oregon Standards Newspaper) ?

I was already fairly familiar with this website before doing this exercise. I've found that this page is a great resource for teachers. When I've looked through the curriculum given to me by my practicum teacher I've noticed that some of the standards are not clearly addressed in the curriculum I have. I'm not sure if that's just because they will be hit later on in the year or why. It's good to know all of the standards for that grade though. I can even see ways of integrating content standards into the curriculum that are not overtly stated right away. I would never have known to do that if I didn't know what the standards were though.



No comments:

Post a Comment